- Fixed a bug with selecting non-rgb defined spot colors in the color picker.
- Improved character point font picking interface that also fixes some problems users with third-party font managing utilities were having.
- Fixed a bug that left some graphical glitches when the right control panel was collapsed.
- Font and color picker panels are now automatically dismissed when you use another control.
- Fixes a number of bugs with rendering custom shape points, especially bitmap-based custom shapes.
- Fixes a bug that made a progress bar appear in exported rasters for some users.
- Fixes a problem with the apple code-signing that made the application be identified incorrectly.
NOTE: Unfortunately the change in code-signing means the update will not be accepted by the internal software updating feature, so user will have to download the new version manually from the website.
Today a new version of the illustration tool Vectoraster was released. Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns and halftones based on bitmap images.
The raster patterns and point shapes can be freely configured to produce many different styles, with the resulting raster shown in real time as you change the parameters. The rasters can then easily be exported as vectors to EPS or PDF files, as images to JPEG, PNG or TIFF, or simply copied and pasted into most graphics software.
You can download and try Vectoraster for free, but with some limitations. To remove these limitations and get the full version you have to pay for the application. For new users the full version costs $32, but registered users of Vectoraster 5 can upgrade for just $12.
For more information, screenshots and download:
Major changes and new features in Vectoraster 6
- New and improved single-window interface with two control panels and full screen support.
- New multi-threaded background rendering engine with much improved performance.
- New color adjustment controls the let you shift point color hue, saturation and brightness as well as vary these changes across the raster.
- Much improved control of varying secondary parameters such as point rotation, outline width, aspect and contraction across the raster.
- New Constant point size function where all points are the same size. Useful for when you want to vary other parameters instead.
- New Sparkle-based software updating and Apple code signing for quick secure version checking and future updates.
- New consistent document size system, letting you set the size of the raster for export.
Other changes, fixes and new features
- Improved dynamic zooming and panning controls.
- Tweaked arrow key value adjustment in fields to automatically take smaller steps for smaller values and fixed some bugs with value entering.
- Varying parameters (such as size, rotation etc) can now have a max value lower than min, resulting in a reversed value gradient.
- New raster align tool to center the middle raster point in the raster.
- New buttons in the interface to quickly access the raster align and multi scale-tools.
- Improved line raster rendering with cleaner line ends and removal of redundant points.
- Exported rasters are now grouped in a clipping rectangle to make them easier to handle.
- Improved memory management with automatic reference counting.
- Raised raster point limit to now allow up to 10 million points in a raster.
- Fixed scaling of secondary source images.
- Fixed a number of bugs with raster offset.