Another small update patch was released today, fixing a bug where blurring non-square source images could result in a skewed output along with some other small improvements. Update or download today!
This update was originally released yesterday as 7.1.5, unfortunately this build had some stability problmes and has today been fixed and re-released as 7.1.6.
A new update to Vectoraster 7 has been released, and is now available to download for free or update from within the application.
With this update we're also cutting the price of upgrading from a previous version of Vectoraster to just $9.95. So if you're still using an earlier version of Vectoraster, this is a great time to upgrade.Changes in 7.1.4
- You can now quickly use the mouse scroll wheel to edit values in value fields.
- Fixes some problems with pasting in vector custom point shapes from Illustrator.
- Added new option to gradient sources to maintain the aspect of the rendered gradient when used in non-square raster artboards, instead of scaling it to fit.
- Fixes to make sure the source image size and document size dialogues show sizes in the correct length units.
Seems like the physics simulation in the last version of the iOS dice rolling app Nice Dice was a little too realistic, in the sense that the dice could fly off the table if you shook your device too much.
The new version hopefully fixes this, and also adds a new interface setting letting you lock the interface to portrait mode on the iPhone version (or not).
Today a new small update to Vectoraster has been released and is available for free download or update from within the app.
The update fixes some stability issues, fixes some issues for first-time users and adds the new feedback dialogue recently added to PatterNodes. So now getting in touch with suggestions, praise, complaints or bugreports will hopefully be a smoother process.
Today a new update patch to the parametric pattern creation software Patternodes has been released, you can download it for free or use the update feature in the application to update.Changes in version 1.8.4
- Fixes a bug where exported animated GIFs would not loop properly in some browsers.
- Fixes some problems with resizing of preview and note nodes.
- Improved feedback and bug-reporting dialogue for users not using the Apple Mail client.
- Added links to lostminds.com support and Patternodes 2 beta testing information to the Help menu.
This will likely be the last update of Patternodes 1.x.x, as the next big update Patternodes 2 is now in development.
If you want to help beta test the new version or find out more, you can do so at lostminds.com/patternodes/beta_testing.php.
EDIT: This update was initially released as 1.8.3, but that build had some problems so it was rolled back fixed and re-released as 1.8.4.
Another small update has been released for Vectoraster 7 with a couple of bugfixes and improvements. Just update from within the application or click below to download the latest version.Changes in 7.1.2
- Improved handling of source images with transparency.
- Fixes a bug where using pdf or eps files as your source image could cause a crash.
- Some convenience improvements when dragging or pasting source images or custom point shapes into Vectoraster.
- A new user setting that when enabled removes the source image blur filter when a new source image is imported, to avoid confusion.
The lostminds.com website has now been given a bit of an overhaul. Most of the work has been under the hood, but the front end has also been updated a little to work better on mobile and be quicker to navigate.
Most things should still be in the same place, and old links should still work or be re-directed automatically. But there are sure to be a couple of little quirks and broken links left in that we'll fix in the coming days. So if you run into something like that, please be patient.
Today small update was released for Vectoraster 7 with a couple of fixes to hopefully make your Vectoraster experience even smoother.Fixes in 7.1.1
- Stroke rendering of line rasters now properly uses the stroke color instead of fill color.
- Fixed some bugs with basing raster point colors on a source image with an applied blur effect.
- Some interface bug-fixes related to replacing the image of an existing raster source image.
Today new more substantial update for Vectoraster 7 was released. It is available to download and try for free, or you can update from within the application if you already use it.New features and improvements in 7.1.0
- You can now dynamically blur source images you base your rasters on with a nondestructive blur parameter.
- Improved multi-scale tool with new options to scale only points or pattern parameters, and to scale the raster pattern from the center to maintain symmetry.
- New raster pattern align tool to quickly align the offset and spacing of the raster to line up the points exactly with the edges or center. Available in the Raster Utilities menu.
- You can now show sources behind the raster in the preview or exports with an opacity parameter for blending.
- Updated Sparkle update code.
The dice roller app Nice Dice has just been updated and the new version is available for iPhone and iPad on the Apple app store. The new version adds the ability to roll dice of two materials at the same time, with separate totals calculated for each. It also improves the dice picker and presents interfaces, that now also show the current dice materials.
To celebrate the new release the app will be free to download, with all content, for a limited time. So check it out now!