A new update of Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update adds a new pill point shape you can use in your rasters, with variable length and size, along with all the usual other transformations.
Download and try it out now or update from within the application.
Another update of the vector pattern and animation application Patternodes 2 has been released. Primarily the new version adds SVG export support, but also fixes some bugs:Version 2.0.5 changes
- Adds SVG format export support, including animated SVG export of animations(!).
- Improved image quality (lower compression) in MOV and MPEG4 animation exports.
- Fixes a bug with centering arc path elements in the Change Pivot node.
- Fixes a bug with the Apply Function node horizontal/vertical mode used on rotated groups.
A new update of the vector pattern and animation application Patternodes 2 has been released with the couple of fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a scaling bug in MOV, MPEG4 and GIF animation exports on retina macs.
- Improved node illustrations and descriptions in the built-in node reference guide.
- Some smaller fixes and adjustments in node interfaces.
A new update of Vectoraster 7 has been released. The new version brings some smaller bug-fixes and two improvements:
- Improved configuration or structured and random varied density raster patterns. Letting you set a separate vertical spacing for these patterns, as shown above.
- Improvements to bitmap format export (TIFF, JPG, PNG), with better print size and resolution settings that are now properly stored in the exported image files.
Today a small bug-fix update for the newly released Patternodes 2 has been published.Version 2.0.2 changes.
- Fixes some stability problems.
- Fixes a bug with the Make Seamless repeater in Demo mode on retina displays.
- Fixes a bug where pasting copied nodes from Patternodes 1 could cause problems.
- Improved node editor scrolling when dragging close to the edge.
The second generation of the mac vector pattern design and animation application Patternodes has now been released. Click below for more information, or download and try it out for free now!Main changes and new features of Patternodes 2
- Fewer more versitile nodes. Many node types have been combined into more capable ones. This will let you do more with fewer nodes and make it easier to try new things and play around with the software without having to replace or add new nodes.
- Improved usability. Many improvements to make the basic tasks of editing values and working with nodes and connections smoother and quicker.
- New artboard node with layers. The old document and output nodes have been combined into a single Artboard output node with multiple output layers along with artboard size and settings.
- Language and naming changes. Many concepts have been renamed to be more in line with industry standards and/or common language to make them easier to understand. For example, the old Transform nodes are now called Change nodes and the old Array Elements are now simply called Groups.
- Change node apply-modes. Most of the nodes changing graphics (like changing color or transformation) now have built in support to toggle between applying their change to the group, each individual element in the group, or a selected subset of elements in the group. This replaces many array operation nodes and removes the need for a lot of splitting and combining you had to do in Patternodes 1.
- More powerful nodes. More or less every node, for creating shapes, transforming or repeating elements have had little additions and improvements to enable new uses and improve existing functionality.
- Improved animation exports. Support for exporting longer animations at higher resolutions in more formats.
For more details see the Version history
Today another small update to the vector graphics halftone and raster application Vectoraster 7 has been released. The new update doesn't add any big new features, but updates some things under the hood and adds some small improvements to importing of EPS and SVG custom point shapes.
Update from within Vectoraster, or download and try the new version for free if you don't have it already.
The 3d dice app Nice Dice for iPhone and iPad has been updated.
The new version fixes a problem with iPhones with 3d-touch (6S and later) where it would be hard to lock dice by tapping them. Additionally it adds the option to speak the result of the dice when they've finished rolling.