Privacy and data collection
On this page you can read about what data we collect about visitors and users of our software and how we use it.
From visitors we use the open source analytics package Matomo on our server (so no google or other external big data analytics). It tracks:
- Visitor actions (what pages you visit in what order and downloads)
- Visitor platform (operating system, browser and device information)
- Visitor country and sometimes city (based on your IP address, but only a masked partial IP address is stored, such as 184.80.**.**)
This website visitor data is only used by us to see what pages people visit to track product popularity and detect broken links or other problems. It's not sold to any third party or used in any other way. Note that some pages have embedded content (for example from YouTube), these sites might track you in ways that are beyond our control.
iOS product purchases and users
On iOS all app purchases and usage data collection is handled by Apple. This is mostly beyond our control, and the analytics and information we get access to is all anonymized and usually aggregated on a group level.
Mac product purchases and software usersPurchases
For our macOS products use a platform called Paddle to handle all our payments. The data they collect is generally not accessible to us, but I'm sure they track the IP and entered information to detect fraud and process the purchases.
On our end we then get the following information that we keep in our license system:
- Customer e-mail
- Customer name (if given)
- License information (codes, type and number of licenses, status, timestamps etc)
In addition to the basic license information the license system also records some user data when the software checks if a license is valid (when the software is unlocked, after updating to a new version and in some other cases):
- License check result (if it was valid or not)
- License information (what license was checked)
- Installed products version
- Local user and OS version
- A masked partial IP address (Such as 184.80.**.**)
Questions and data removal
To sum things up, if you are just a visitor to this website you might have left some trail, but it will not be easily linked to you or contain any personal information about you that we can find and remove.
If you have a license for one of our products we have some information about you and your use of this product as detailed above. If you want us to remove any or all of this data you can contact us using the address below and we will do so. However, if we remove the license information you will no longer be able to use the software.
If you have any questions send a message to:
support [replace with at] lostminds (dot)com.