Vectoraster 8.5.1 released
A smaller patch of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This updates some legacy components for future compatibility and fixes some issues introduced in the 8.5.0 update.
Changes and improvements
- Updates components for future compatibility, raising minimum required macOS version to 10.15.
- Fixes a bug where animation exports would not correctly apply a scaled export size.
- Fixes using the animation export panel size slider while the height or width field is active.
Vectoraster 8.5.0 released
A new bigger update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. The new version brings support for multiple custom point shapes, something that has been requested for a long time. So now you can use a set of different imported shapes or images for the points, and use them in sequence, at random or based on your sources. Along with this the backend has also been rebuilt a little to make rendering and generation more responsive along with a bunch of other improvements and fixes.
Vectoraster 8.5.0 Changes and improvements
- Multiple custom shape support use different imported point shapes based on sources, index or at random.
- Improved generation/rendering with better performance, responsiveness and stability.
- Source opacity point removal with a new alpha threshold parameter. Makes it easy to remove points regardless of size where the source image is transparent.
- Animated GIF import support for Video source layers.
- Point fill opacity can now be applied to bitmap custom shapes as well.
- Fixed a bug with Multi-scale where clicking Apply button while typing in a value would not apply the scale.
- Fixed an issue with quicktime video exports dropping frames if the encoder was busy.
- Fixed a bug where animation export panel size fields would show the wrong values.
- Fixed a bug where some settings would reset when re-opening the settings panel.
Vectoraster 8.4.11 update
Another small update of Vectoraster 8 has been released today. This update fixes a couple of issues with bitmap based format exports and makes the animation timeline a little easier to work with.Bug fixes
- Fixes a bug with jpg export pixel aspect.
- Fixes an export dialogue bug whith bitmap format height/width would not be displayed correctly.
- Clicking in the animation timeline now deselects any selected value field, so you can use spacebar to play/pause.
Vectoraster 8.4.10 update
A small update of Vectoraster 8 has been released today. This update is just a bug fix to a bundle validation issue that caused an error message when trying to start v8.4.9 on some systems.
Vectoraster 8.4.9 released
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This update updates SVG support, fixes some bugs and adds a nice new convenience feature to re-center source layers when updating the document size.
8.4.9 Changes and improvements
- Improved SVG image mode imports/rendering (Upgrade to IJSVG 3.0 framework).
- Added an option to re-center centered source layers on document size change, making it easier to resize a document to a new source image.
- Added link to user Discord channel in Help menu.
- Fixed being able to select the source measurement channel parent item in the parameter sources menu and not just the items.
- Removed a tooltip in the sources menu that was interfering with selecting items in submenus.
Vectoraster 8.4.8 released
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This update makes a number of small improvements and fixes a lot of issues related to converting/importing more complex projects from Vectoraster 7.
8.4.8 Changes and improvements
- Optimized Randomization distortion.
- Improved generation and rendering progress updates for long processes.
- Updated manual and bundled sample files.
- Improved conversion of legacy source measurement exponent parameters when importing Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes a bug with dynamic distortion strength parameters in rasters with raster offset.
- Fixes initial loading preview image incorrect aspect for zoomed in rasters.
- Fixes source color/light filterers not being applied when the document legacy blur setting was enabled.
- Fixes an issue with converting some dynamic distrortion strength settings from legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes an issue with importing legacy Vectoraster 7 files with invalid incremental step parameters.
- Fixes an issue with importing use source color mix parameters from legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes an issue with converting separate Y spacing in alternating grid legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
Vectoraster and Patternodes user Discord
Some users have started a Discord channel for users of Vectoraster and Patternodes.
So if you're interested in discussing the apps, looking for help or want to connect with other users with check it out: Vectoraster and Patternodes discord
Vectoraster 8.4.7 released
A new smaller update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This fixes some smaller issues after the recent macOS sandbox security update.8.4.7 changes:
- Fixed missing Print permission in sandbox entitlements.
- Fixed drag highlight outline being shown on file areas even if the dragged file was not in a supported format.
- Fixed incorrect disk write protection warning in the technical log.
Vectoraster 8.4.6 released
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. The primary change in this update is making Vectoraster a sandboxed application, a security measure that puts strict limitations on access to system features like file access. Everything should still work as before, but you might see a couple of extra confirmation dialogues at first about granting access if you export multiple files for example. In addition to just being better from a security perspective this change is also a step to ensure future macOS compatibility for when Apple decides to make this type of security mandatory for all applications.8.4.6 changes:
- Improved SVG custom point shape path mode imports.
- Application Sandbox for improved security and future macOS compatibility.
- Updated Sparkle version checking and updates library.
Vectoraster 8.4.5 released
An update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This new version brings adds new dithering raster patterns, GIF animation export support and a couple of other fixes and improvements.8.4.5 changes:
- Added three new dithering raster patterns: Burkes, Atkinson and Bayer 4x4.
- Added support for exporting animations as animated GIFs.
- Added new preferences setting for default in/out easing type of new added keyframes.
- Fixed using trackpad pinch gestures to zoom in the preview.
- Fixed some issues with the export progress bar during repeated animation exports.
- Character point shape baseline pivot option is no longer turned on by default.